In 1950, a young Swedish farmer named Karl-Erik Andersson wanted to build his mother a high-quality, washer. With a focus on the environment, energy efficiency and quality, Andersson designed one of the first front-load washers and the result was a hit. After word spread of his new invention, he built a manufacturing facility right on the family farm, and founded his new company: ASKO Appliances.
Since that time, ASKO has become the manufacturer of some of the highest quality and most efficient appliances on the planet. In 1987, ASKO opened its first facility in the United States, and has been representing an energy efficient line of residential laundry and dishwasher products.
Here are some other milestones that ASKO Appliances Inc. has accomplished in its 61 years:
- 1990: ASKO was the first European company to be on the U.S. Department of Energy Standards Committee
- 1992: Introduced their stacking washer dryer systems in the U.S.
- 1999: Received ISO 14001 Environmental Certification
- 2005: Established its first 24/7 Customer Call Center
- 2008: Moved into their new U.S. Corporate office in Plano, TX
- 2010: Celebrated their 60th Anniversary of production in Sweden
Today, ASKO Appliances continues to hold Andersson’s values as the key to their business. Their mission statement is “Where Preeminence Is Achieved By Exceeding Customers’ Expectations,” and they live by that mission every day. Their product lineup includes:
- The largest capacity dishwasher with 4 racks and 7 baskets
- The dishwasher with the most usable space
- The XXL dishwasher with the tallest loading height of up to 15 ¼”
- The premier horizontal axis (H/A) washer and dryer system.
- The world’s only fully integrated laundry system
- TouchProof™ Stainless Steel dishwashers minimizes fingerprints
Each product is designed with energy efficiency and durability in mind, and uses stainless steel rather than plastic whenever possible. All ASKO appliances are Energy Star listed, and provide years of reliable service and superior performance.
Sixty years ago, Karl-Erik Andersson had a goal to build a better washer for his mother. Today, his company has expanded into a global enterprise, providing customers around the world with high quality, energy efficient appliances that any mother would be proud of.