With Your Tax Return Check on its Way,
What are Your Plans?
How long have you been dreaming of that perfect washer and dryer taking the place of your old, dingy years-old ones? Well, the time for dreaming is officially over. April 18* is just around the corner and, with your tax return check in hand, you now have the opportunity to turn one of the busiest – and often most overlooked — areas in your home into a well-oiled, beautiful, energy-efficient laundering oasis.
The Typical Laundry Room
Did you know that every day, more than 28 million Americans find themselves doing laundry and laundry-related chores? The types, styles and locations of laundry rooms out there vary widely based on the ones we have seen in our business. There really is no such thing as “typical” We’ve worked with everything from hall closets to unfinished creepy basements, and everything in between.
It should come as no surprise, then, that the laundry room is easily one of the most overlooked rooms in a home, yet the one with the most promise of greatness. Why continue to do one of the most time-consuming, tedious chores in a space that you hate to be in, that you don’t enjoy and that doesn’t meet your needs?
Busy families demand more than just a meager closet in which to do laundry. What you need is a place where you can feel at home, where you can perform all of your laundering tasks with ease and comfort and actually get stuff done efficiently!
Laundry Room Essentials
Your dream laundry room should reflect your personality and style while still being dynamic and functional. Some of the must-haves in any laundry room include:
- Shelving, preferably wall-mounted high shelves so that you may keep detergents, cleaning aids, and other essentials far away from prying little hands. This will also help create space and a feeling of openness in an otherwise generally tight space.
- Counter space, mainly for sorting, folding and organizing your laundry.
- Washer and dryer, of course. What’s a laundry room without laundry machines? However, you should consider having machines that are only as big as you need them to be for your family size, and that are energy-efficient and appropriate for the room size.
The essentials are kind of obvious. But how do you make the laundry room truly yours?
Making the laundry room both beautiful and functional is not difficult. It only takes a little thought and some creativity to bring your laundry room to life. Here are some ideas that can help bring some excitement into your laundry ritual:
- Use light hues that you love, with perhaps some splashes of color to create an interest. Bright or deep shades can reflect light, tricking your eyes into not seeing stains that may be in your clothes, so keep that in mind when choosing a color for your laundry room walls.
- Create a story with your décor by bringing in decorative details that you love, such as artwork or drawings. Choose pieces that relate to each other, perhaps modern art deco-inspired pieces or some weaving, wood or metals for a more rustic look. Incorporate accessories such as hampers, containers and dispensers that fit in with the décor and the design, adding to the functionality of the room.
- Include items that motivate you to stay in the room. Do you like surfing the Internet while waiting for your loads to dry? Maybe you like listening to the radio, watching television or even talking on the phone. Create a section in your laundry room where you keep some diversions for yourself. Perhaps you can have a small television or radio in your laundry room. You may even want to build a charging station so that you may charge your phones or hook up your laptop.
These are just three of countless different options that you have in redecorating, or even remodeling, your laundry room. The important thing is that you remember that the room is a reflection of your personal taste and lifestyle.
Tax Season is Almost Over
With the end of tax season approaching, it’s time for you to take that tax return check and make your laundry room dream a reality. Let ASKO help you transform laundry from a “have to” into a “get to,” with energy-efficient products that look and perform amazingly. Visit www.askousa.com today for more information about ASKO’s products.