Hiring a housekeeping service is a great way to simplify your daily life and keep your home clean without needing to manage the chores yourself. However, once you hire a maid service, there are a few things you need to do for successful management of your housekeeping service. These tips will keep you satisfied, knowing that the responsibilities of housekeeping are being upheld and that you are getting what you pay for.
- Establish a contract. This document should specify what work the housekeeper is expected to complete, where it is to be completed, how often the work is to be done, and at what maid service cost. Preferably, your contract will include an introductory period of two weeks to a month where the housekeeper and you, the homeowner, learn each other’s expectations, adjusting when necessary.
- Schedule a meeting with the housekeeping service. This should occur after the introductory period has ended. Talk about what is working great and what needs to be altered. Make suggestions, ask questions, and make sure everyone is on the same page. If both parties decide that the working relationship is acceptable, continue paying the cost of maid service and appreciating a spotless home.
- Continue to hold periodic meetings. This will ensure that good communication occurs throughout this working relationship. If an issue arises, both parties will have the chance to set the record straight.
- Remember good hiring etiquette. The housekeeper is in your employ, but you must be flexible, realizing that not everyone does a task in the same way. You should also remove expensive, fragile items to prevent a potential accident. Educate your housekeeper about the use of your appliances. If you have an uncommon appliance, such as an outdoor dishwasher, make sure they are aware of its function so accidental damage can be avoided.
- Be a good employer. Praise your housekeeper for a job well done. Everyone can use an extra pat on the back for motivation. Also, gently and politely redirect their actions if something doesn’t meet your expectations. Consider offering a bonus or small gift for special occasions, like Christmas. These will help you maintain a good relationship with those working inside your home.
With the extra time on your hands made possible by hiring a maid service, you have the potential to spend more time outside with your family this summer. If you love living an outdoor lifestyle, consider the benefits of an ASKO outdoor dishwasher if you don’t already have one.